Saturday 26 January 2008

Pillar Box

I love little things and especially boxes - the tinier the better. This particular one is called a Pillar Box.


I filled it with lavender pot pourri as a gift for the hostess of my last party. As the lid isn’t completely closed, you can smell the lavender easily.

I made the tag with a stamp from the Terrific Tags set, which is a Level 1 Hostess Set and can be seen on page 15 of the catalogue.
It was punched out using the Small Tag punch (110113) and the matting layer was punched out using the Tag Punch (110114), both on page 80 of the catalogue. These punches were made to work with lots of stamps in the catalogue, so the tag on my box was made quickly, accurately and easily, in just seconds!

The top of the box is closed using the versatile Round Tab Punch (109974), which can also be seen on page 80 of the catalogue.

Stamps: Terrific Tags, Seeing Spots & Spot On
Paper: Perfect Plum, Pretty In Pink & Whisper White
Ink: Pretty In Pink & Perfect Plum
Accessories: Sticky Strip, Snail Adhesive, Mini Glue Dots, Dimensionals & Whisper White Grosgrain Ribbon

If you’d like to have a go at making these boxes yourself, why not book a party with me at Heartfelt.Stamping@hotmail.com and ask me to show you how?

Thanks for looking!

~Debbie~

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think I share your passion for boxes - this is a great idea and makes a lovely hostes gift.

Morwenna said...

Thanks Linda!
A pretty box can make a gift just that little bit more special.