Thursday 3 January 2008

Loads Of Love

This is the card that I made for my husband on Christmas Eve - late on Christmas Eve, to be exact!
He loves Step-Side trucks - even more than he loves fast cars - so this one, from the Loads Of Love set on page 37 of the catalogue, seemed ideal.

I stamped it using Basic Black ink which is great for using with wet media, such as the Twinkling H2Os that I used here, as it doesn't run.
After masking the back of the truck with a post-it note, I was able to add the tree.
I painted it and put it aside to dry, whilst I worked on the rest of the card.

The base is an A4 sheet of Bashful Blue folded in half.

I originally wanted the spotty panel to be on the left hand side of the card, but an unfortunate splodge meant it had to be re-located. Why does that always happen when you're in a hurry?

The truck layer was matted onto the blue panels and the corners were removed using the lovely Ticket Corner punch. Sadly it's not in the current catalogue, but a similar effect can be achieved by using the edge of the 1/2" circle punch, 110103, on page 80 of the catalogue.

The whole thing was then mounted on dimensionals, along with the snowflakes and the heart.

A dab of glue and a frosting of glitter and it was nearly done.

I coloured the wheel hubs and the light surrounds with a silver gel pen and added a few highlights with the white gel pen and it was finished! Phew!

This really is a versatile set as, along with Loads Of Love Accessories and the two wheels (all on page 37 of the catalogue), so many occasions can be catered for.

Stamps: Loads Of Love, Time For A Tree & Spot On

Paper: Whisper White, Bashful Blue, Brocade Blue & Real Red

Ink: Basic Black, Bashful Blue & Brocade Blue

Accessories: Real Red grosgrain Ribbon, Dimensionals, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter & White Signo Gel Pen

Thanks for looking!

~Debbie~

8 comments:

Annie said...

Hi Debbie, love the blog and I look forward to seeing more of your creations. I'll add you to my list of favourite blogs too!

Morwenna said...

Thanks for stopping by Annie and also for adding me to your blog favourites.
Nice to chat this morning as well!

Unknown said...

oh i love that! much better than mine!! lol i am going to get that whole page in the catalogue as my mum gave me money for xmas.. it is a fab set and so versatile..
you are a fab painter too!!!

My Paper World said...

Great card! the colours and image are fab!

Annie said...

Hi Debbie, me again! I'm nominating you for the You Make My Day award, just check out my blog!

Helen said...

Great card, Debbie! Love the spotted panel.

Heartfelt Stamping said...

Thanks for your kind comments girls and for the nomination Annie!

Dawn said...

Gorgeous Card Debbie & lots of different stamps used too.
I can see me wanting this set can be used for so many different occassions.